Wednesday, October 17, 2012

An Alchemist’s Autobiography

 


Amanda Ecclesiastes, that is my name so don't wear it out.
I was born like everybody else, though I rather not remember that practical incident, and will hopefully die like everyone else someday. If you truly want to know, I grew up in the deepest part of the South. It’s actually so deep that most won’t even consider it America anymore, what with the crazy melting pot of all kinds of people from different cultures, races, and backgrounds, mulling about everywhere. For instance, my mother’s culture hails from the proud Spanish, while my father’s heritage lies in the mystical, lost, world of Scotland. Having had these two met under any circumstances in any way was extremely unlikely, but against all odds, with both being miles from home, it still happened, and so here I am, that by-product of cultural blending. 
When have you ever heard of a Spanish Scot? Hopefully not too many times I will be given a run for my money sometime soon.
Back to my 'life' then... well as for now, I am normal.
 I have a baby brother and sister, friends, family, and an average life on little old street next to Mahi Mahi park.
 Or do I?
So, what I’m trying to get at in this? 
Simple…no one is the same as the last, and no one will ever be the same again. There is only one me, Amanda N. Ecclesiastes, and there is only one you. Unless they learn how to bring me back from beyond the grave, I am sad to say that there will never be another crazy, pyromaniac, morbid, and witty alchemist like myself! 
Oh yes, you read that right I am an alchemist.
 I my not be as good as Plato and Socrates but I’m sure better then your average nerd! 
It all started when I was young and bored I would often take apart my grandfather shelves of marvelous books and sedate my tantalizing lust for knowledge with them. It proved to have its uses, now I know the fundamentals of basic matters in all of its various forms. I even know what the human body is made out of and the amounts for each element in an individual human. 
Scary no?
Don't worry, I don’t enjoy trying to play God’s role, that is why I have left behind the world I had discovered and turned to pursue a regular lifestyle and education. 
Even though I had given up my previous life of mystic powers, I still take my love for fire, philosophy, and alchemy to a new height each and every single day. Though when I die, which I will one day, I will never by just…normal. 
Though I still need the basics of a human’s social life, I will always feel a sense of anger towards humankind for their ignorant bliss, pity towards the same pathetically foolish people that will never get to learn alchemy’s secrets, and a need to spread my crazy justice to everyone about everything. It’s not because that I’m crazy that I feel those things, it’s out of envy for what they still have that I have lost. 
The truth is, is that its innocence I have lost…because once you know alchemy you can never forget it, and the monsters that creep around the borders of every single myth and legend are as true as to me as alchemy. 
You are probably wondering, 
“But monsters! Who wouldn’t fear ghouls, spirits, chimeras, and leviathans"?
It's very simple really.
 I fear nothing...
 ...seriously nothing. 
It is part of the curse of losing your innocence, those big bad monsters luring in the dark won’t scare you anymore when you do lose your innocence. Do you want to know why? It’s because when you lose you eyes to the world, you’re already part of the darkness. So tell me then, do you think it’s possible to afraid of the dark when you are part of it, can you be afraid of yourself? 
Being an alchemist is fun, don’t get me wrong, who would like to go off seeing the world, or something impossible, or something unimaginable everyday?
Well, I can safely say that for now I would just be satisfied if those stupid chimeras, the ones that keep running around, trying eat innocent people, would just give me a breather and let me find the floor of my bedroom in peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment