Monday, November 5, 2012

Ha Ha...Really?... Its Halloween today!?

"No! Why?! Why!!!???"

Yes, that was my reaction once I had been told that one of my most treasured holidays was today.


...go ahead a laugh...

 yes... get it out of you're  systems.

In any case, I had yet again been told of something, of significant value to me, a little to late.

Halloween, a wonderful time of year where everyone can dress up as anyone this wish, receive unholy amounts of diabetic inducing sugar filled treats, and leave behind who they are if only for one night a year. That's what everyone is supposed to believe right?
WRONG!
Once you leave behind all of the childish notions of the holiday itself you're only left with one heck of a mess to clean up after.
Face it folks, this holiday is terrible unless you're one of the lucky ones celebrating it.
Take my Halloween for example.
 I had to give up any plans I had to babysit for a family friend. That was all fine and dandy, until the lights went out...
Apparently, the older teenage boy of the family I was babysitting for had decided to have a little fun in trying to frighten his siblings and possibly me.
Not going to happen buddy.
Grabbing the nearest solid object I could find as a blunt weapon and with goodwill hunting if you catch my drift. After a few fruitless runs around the entire house I still couldn't find the sneaky little weasel. Giving up, I decided to push the strange behavior to the back of my mind and continue entertaining the two twin children in my charge.
A couple of hours later another incident occurred. This time it involved a crate of fireworks, an air-horn, and a carton of eggs. Needless to say I wasn't impressed...
AT ALL!
After screaming for a solid half an hour I managed to scare both the rebellious teenage son in my care and his equally terrible partners in crime. My first inclination in figuring out exactly what day it was happened once I had explained the situation to the naughty boy's parents.
They simply laughed at my befuddled expression once I was done explaining just how their driveway had become soaked in eggs and charcoal.

"Oh come on hon! You didn't know it was Halloween?"

"Um...no."
Next Year's Halloween...
More laughter ensured as my face flushed cherry red in both anger and embarrassment, and with that explanation I quickly rushed home. Upon entering my lovely abound I quickly ignored the world around me as I picked up a Hersey's Bar, the size of my forearm, conveniently lying on the dining room table and collapsed onto my bed. I can't remember much after that, but when I woke up the next morning I had realized I had been snuggling the same bar of half eaten chocolate all night.
So with that lovely incident behind me, I have come to both love and hate this accursed holiday and I look forward to revenge-Ahem!...um I mean a good time next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment